Business Etiquette & Protocol
Knowing the Essentials
Everything you need to become polished in business etiquette and an outstanding ambassador for your organization is here in this two day course.
No more wondering and taking second guesses, no more mediocre efforts, no more undervaluing your abilities to impress and lacking know-how and confidence - no more losing out on a valuable business opportunity!
Join us now to hone your skills and become "an impeccable star" in every sense when managing your clients, guests and new business partners.
When you first meet someone - the memory of that event is embedded in the other persons mind and is the one they will recall every time you meet or interact. So the best strategy is to project ta winning impression right from the start!
First impressions are often made within seven seconds of a meeting and are difficult, if not impossible, to change. This course addresses that very crucial point and meeting and helps you leave an outstanding and professional first impression.
It also addresses how to deal with others in a business setting taking into account differences in culture and region. And, since business is often conducted over lunch or dinner, dining skills can also impact someone's opinion of you as a potential business partner. During this course you will also get tips on how to apply proper manners and business etiquette in many different settings.
In addition, many 'incidents' occur due to the lack of understanding of various protocol standards. Therefore, a portion of the course is dedicated to introducing the international rules of protocol that need to be implemented during formal occasions and visits by VIPs, or major and influential business associates.
Overall, as a result of this course you will become an invaluable asset to your company or organization as you will come away armed with the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to professionally manage and host significant business and social events.
Principles of Business Etiquette and Protocol
Achieving Communication Success
- Definitions and concepts
- Guiding principles
- Importance of etiquette in business
- Importance of protocol in business
- The importance of manners
- Creating the right corporate image
- Six basic principles
Breaking Down Barriers
- Communication levels and definitions
- The four principles of communication
- Elements of the communication process
- Communication delivery aspects
- Barriers to effective communication
Personal and Professional Conduct
- Overcoming communication barriers
- Communicating across cultures
- Managing perceptions and biases
- Communication key qualities
- Listening etiquette
Planning and Hosting VIP Occasions
- Universal expectations for behavior
- Etiquette for formal occasions
- Handling difficult personalities
- Four choices for dealing with various behaviors
- International business etiquette
- Customs and cultures
- Best practices
Proper Communication Etiquette
- Preparation for official visits
- Protocol at events
- Key qualities of the ideal host
- Seating strategies
- Risk and contingency planning
- Mistakes to avoid
- Meeting at airports
- Phone etiquette
- Meeting in person etiquette
- Email etiquette
- Titles and forms of address
- Exchanging gifts
- Awkward situations and solutions
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to behave correctly in both business and social situations
- Describe how to interact and communicate effectively with different types of guests
- Demonstrate appropriate personal and professional conduct
- Plan VIP visits and formal occasions while executing the role of the ideal host
- Apply proper communication etiquette
- Implement different variations in protocol and etiquette from different cultures, nations and regions
The course is designed to be interactive and participatory, and includes various learning tools to enable the participants to operate effectively and efficiently. It involves a combination of lectures and presentations, video-clips, role playing, group exercises, experience sharing, roundtable discussions and exposure to real world situations and choices confronting participants.
As in all our workshops, the greater the personal commitment and input, the greater the benefit and results and participants are encouraged to become fully involved and immerse themselves in all the activities.
The environment is non-confrontational, relaxed and conducive to participant engagement. We design activities that take a person outside their comfort zone and encourage a person to remove their boundaries. At all times and in all activities, we are mindful of cultural and personal boundaries and sensitivities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Personnel Officers, Public Relations Professionals, Event Organizers, Personal Assistants, Employees in the Hospitality Business and all those whose position requires dealing and interacting with important persons in both Government and Private Sectors.
DURATION TWO DAYS
NUMBERS: Up to 25 PARTICIPANTS
Work book with related materials
Suggested reading material for continuous learning
Certificate of Attendance
Post your comments at
Copyright © 2018-2020 AIM Inlines. All rights reserved.
No portion of this web site may be used or reproduced in any manner
whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations
embodied in critical articles and reviews.
| Top of the Page