How to Manage Your Time and Get Things Done
Perhaps one of the most needed areas of development is Time Management. But is it about managing TIME?
We go right to the heart of matters in this two-day course to help you see the truth behind managing time and "yourself" - and how you can stop becoming frustrated with everything you are up against and feel you cannot achieve.
We know what you are going through - yes we have experienced it too - so together we can show you practical steps so you can become more effective in your daily tasks, and eliminate some of the worry and tension that goes hand in hand with getting things done.
There is "no time to lose!" Sign up with us NOW and begin to feel the relief!
Personal time management skills are essential skills for effective people. People who use these techniques on a regular basis are the highest achievers in all walks of life, from business to sport to public service. Making these skills part your daily routine will enable you to function exceptionally well, even under intense pressure.
As you master these skills you'll find that you take control of your workload, saying goodbye to the often intense stress of work overload. At the heart of time management is an important shift in focus: Concentrate on results, not on being busy. Many people spend their days in a frenzy of activity, but achieve very little, because they're not concentrating their effort on the things that matter the most.
Time management training begins with setting goals. These goals are recorded, prioritized and may be broken down into a project, an action plan, or a simple task list. This entire process is supported by a skill set that should include personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management. We'll cover all this and more during this Time Management course.
Module 1: SMARTER Goals
Module 2: Prioritizing Your Time
- The Three P's
- Create SMARTER Goals
- Prioritizing Your Goals
- Visualize your Goals-Visualization
Module 3: Planning
- The 80/20 Rule
- Prioritizing with the Urgent-Important Matrix
- Being Assertive... Saying "NO" to Requests you can't meet.
Module 4: Procrastination
- Using To Do List
- The Glass Jar: Rocks, Pebbles, Sand, and Water
- Ready, Fire, Aim!
Module 5: Managing Crisis
- Why We Procrastinate
- Nine Ways to Overcome Procrastination
- Eat That Frog!
Module 6: The Organized Workspace
- When Crisis Calls... do you have a Contingency Plan?
- Creating a Plan
- Executing the Plan
- Lessons Learned
Module 7: Delegating
- Managing Workflow
- Dealing with E-mail... email etiquette
- Using Calendars
Module 8: The Power of Ritual...Habits
- When to Delegate?
- Who Should I Delegate to?
- Monitoring the Results
Module 9: Meetings
- What is a Ritual/Routine?
- Example Rituals
- Using Rituals to Maximize Time
Module 10: Meeting Alternatives
- Deciding if a Meeting is Necessary
- Using the PAT Approach
- Effective Agenda Writing
- Staying on Track
- Was the Meeting Worthwhile?
- Instant Messaging and Chat Rooms
- E-mail Lists and Online Groups
- Collaboration Applications
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan and prioritize daily activities efficiently and in a productive manner.
- Triumph over procrastination.
- Effectively deal with crises.
- Organize your workspace and workflow.
- Efficiently delegate.
- Ritualize your workload.
- Plan effective meetings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Audience involvement with sharing/discussion of viewpoints
- Facilitator and instructor-led discussion
- Content is 20% theory, 80% experiential-based
- Case studies and Assignments - individual and group basis
- Video Clips - TED Talks and others
- Individual reflection and contemplation
- Interacting and working within a pair or group
- Giving of feedback
- Practical/tactile activities
- Use of positive affirmations. Action Planning
- Self-assessments - personality and soft skills based
DURATION TWO DAYS
- Supervisors, Managers, Team and Project Leaders
- Anyone involved in a Coordinating Role
NUMBERS: Up to 25 PARTICIPANTS
Work book with related materials
Suggested reading material for continuous learning
Certificate of Attendance
Post your comments at
Copyright © 2018-2020 AIM Inlines. All rights reserved.
No portion of this web site may be used or reproduced in any manner
whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations
embodied in critical articles and reviews.
| Top of the Page